I have a confession to make, when I see someone I knew from high school or primary school that is now rolling in $$ and success…I do feel a tinge of jealousy and a teeny weeny bit of envy! How did they have the idea to create that website or app?? How did they know to invest in Bitcoin 10 years ago?! Why didn’t I think of that!
I am not sure how many people are like me..? But anyways…I have examined some of the common ways that I know people have become successful and how you (maybe) can try and mimic them! Just a disclaimer* These ideas are not full proof! I can’t promise you that it will get you $$, famous or successful…nothing in life is easy! It will require a sacrifice of time, money and is risky and it will take a lot of hard work!
- Make yourself internet famous! This is a popular way to get popular these days! Maybe you could start making videos on youtube and maybe one day they will go viral (or not)! There are some famous singers, such as Justin Bieber who were discovered on Youtube! It is like an online virtual stage! You can either be judged as really bad and get boo’ed off that stage..or it could doors being open to you…! Other notable famous Youtubers include Pewdie Pie, Niga Higa, and Wengie! Many of these YouTubers have branched outside Youtube, some have started singing (Wengie) and Niga Higa has gone on to star in some movies! It is also a useful way to sell merchandise or other side projects which can help make you $$. Also, I want to mention on Youtube, not only can you get money from the ads which viewers may interact with on your site, but you can also get it from sponsors who want you to feature products on your videos.
- Know how to invest in shares in the stock market, into foreign exchange or into Cyber Currency! I do none of the above, but I do have some friends who are pretty good at this! I have friends who regularly monitor the Stock exchange and do lots of research into different companies which are up and rising and have the potential to be worth a lot in a few years! Apparently, some of my friends say this is like gambling though…There is a risk that your investment may lose you money in the long run, however a friend who has done quite well has been able to buy a house @_@. Apparently health is a good industry to invest in, especially hospitals -because this is something that is always going to be in demand. My great grandmother that used to live in Hong Kong but is now deceased (RIP) was known to be really good at checking the exchange rates for different currencies and purchasing money when it was at a good low price then selling it when the demand for it went higher! She was able to live comfortably in a nice apartment in HK by doing this and sustaining herself and her children. Pretty smart! I have a few internet geek friends who are good with cyber currency…They know what to invest in and how to make a lot of money from crypto currency…While I do possess a milli-bitcoin my friend gave to me as a gift..aside from that I have been too scared to invest in any online currency myself…It is quite risky, but that’s why people are able to get rich! Because they were willing to take the risk. All I can say is that I don’t advise you to put your life savings into it..have a backup plan and make sure you have done your research thoroughly before investing. The last thing you want to do is accidentally give all your money to a fake dealer and get nothing..! Also, this way requires a lot of time too, daily you probably will have to regularly check the way your currency is doing, to find good times to buy and sell.
- Write a good book- we all have heard of J.K Rowling and how she shot to fame with her Harry Potter series!!! This one requires some skills in writing and having creative ideas or topics to write about! I am not an author myself, so I am not sure how you get started… I assume you send your book or manuscript to prospective publishers who you then have to convince to publish your book. I have read that, depending on how much you Publisher thinks you will succeed is the amount of money and time they will put in promoting your book…so Yeah this may require a lot of self-promoting yourself through your own social media sites or other platforms…maybe through your FB group or Podcasts?
- Become a Radio Host or Podcaster! Not sure how to do this either..but we have heard of really popular radio hosts, such as Hamish and Andy in Australia! They are just so funny! They have decided to stop being on the radio now and have moved to Podcasts! But yeah they are just so funny, creative and original – so much so the fans of their show will follow them no matter where they go. Comedy Podcasts aren’t the only successful one, another Podcast I follow is ‘No Such Thing as a Fish’ -which is a weekly podcast that discusses four facts that the hosts have thought was interesting throughout the week. Not only is it educational, it is also funny and entertaining. This avenue requires you to be witty, quick on your feet and have an interesting or unique voice! No one likes a monotone voice (usually)!
- Start a useful niche application or website! Names that come to mind is the PayPal Website, eBay, Facebook, Instagram, Google, Amazon or Spotify. The creators of these websites are really really well off…They are successful for filling a niche or creating something unique that others haven’t done yet. Other people that have been successful with phone apps, is Kayla Itsines ( we went to the same primary school apparently ) who started a fitness app that people could subscribe to. This app includes fitness workouts people can do at the gym. It was a niche at that time and now she is making millions (apparently).
- Create a successful drink or restaurant! Has anyone heard of Boost Juice? It actually started off in King William Street in Adelaide, South Australia! Now I’ve seen it around the world in Singapore and Malaysia! It all started with the creator, Janine Ellis doing something that others hadn’t done….making health(ier) option for drinks asides from soft drinks and beers. So yeah! She’s a good example of a drink entrepreneur. Who hasn’t heard of KFC? Some may know the story of how Colonel Sanders first established his now well-known fast-food chain. It is actually a really inspiring type of story of someone going from rags to riches. In a nutshell, after numerous failed attempts at making a successful living, at an old age- he finally found his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow…or should I say the pot of Kentucky Fried Chicken?
- Discover a life-saving or create a blockbuster drug! This is no easy process and not all of us are scientists or pharmacists. Well, I can say, those who created the best selling drug- a cholesterol-lowering drug is very very rich. It is used all over the word to lower cholesterol and has lead to people living longer. Discovering new antibiotics is a good way to make money, the only problem is that it takes a very long time from discovery to actually being able to legally sell the drug and hence it takes a very long time for you to finally make money. A lot of money is also needed to invest in clinical trials and drug trials before it can even be marketed to humans. If you want to know a bit more about the process, feel free to email me.
- Invent something that everyone needs or everyone uses. I.e. The toilet! The sink! Sanitary tampons or pads! These are just some household things that most people in the first world country use and that each girl may have. Just think of things you can’t live without, laptop, Microsoft, pens, pencils, bras, underwears, toilet paper mirrors ! Etc..and then you have something that people will continue to buy and you will forever make money off until some other new invention removes the need for it.
- Study a course that leads to a really high paying and stable job. Some that come to mind are doctors, dentists, optometrists, engineers and university professors. This is probably a very Asian way of thinking…while this may lead to a good income, if you don’t personally like the occupation, I wouldn’t recommend it. In my opinion, it is better for you and your clients/patients to do something you are passionate about.
- Get married into a royal family! This one is very hard to do….I mean it’s not every day that Prince Charming is sitting at the bar that you frequently go to… But yeah, If you are lucky enough to marry a Prince, I am pretty sure you are set for life! As long as the monarchy doesn’t die or go bankrupt or you get a divorce…then you are set for life and can have more corgis than the current queen!
Those are my 10 tips for getting famous and rich!
Do you have anything to add?
Leave your comments below and I will add them to the list!
Thanks for reading and see you next week!