I have finished tidying up my room! It took a good solid two weeks of tidying and cleaning, but it is DONE!
Do you know what benefits I have had in cleaning my room?
- I killed a spider
- I found about $25 of money in red packets and in loose change in my piggy bank!
- Found a lot of foreign currency I didn’t know I had! -$$ unknown
- Discovered socks and clothes that I didn’t even know I had.
- I can now pull out something from the hangers in my wardrobe without pulling out five others at the same time.
- I know where everything is! Because I basically went through everything!
- Less dust! As I finally cleaned the surfaces that had stuff on it for ages.
- I donated at least 10 bags of items to charity – benefit for society? HAhaha
- Found lots of photos, sticker photos and things from friends that I have stuck around my room – the colour really brightens up the place 🙂
- Everything just feels more organised! I love opening up a draw or a door and seeing everything I own at once.I have officially joined the Marie Kondo Kult- I am a life member now… Let me show you some before and after photos!
.These are the before photos…
^I had over 140 coat hangers…I am so surprised I even have that many clothes to hang!!
After the 2 week cleaning spritz..
And that’s a wrap on my cleaning spritz…and now let’s hope my mind gets cleared too. 🙂
I learnt a lot about learning to let go of things that have passed its expiry date…About things you have to let go in order to move on to better things..as Kondo says, how can you appreciate what “Sparks Joy” if you have too many things to look after?
Change will be coming soon!