Exercising with glasses is a shit house. Glasses falls off, fogs up, and vision is blurry.
That’s what I told myself anyways…That’s why I wore contacts everyday,no matter where or what I was doing. I just feel self conscious, ugly, and not myself. When I feel contacts, I just feel so much more confident in myself that I don’t need to keep pushing up those stupid glasses that don’t ever seem to fit on my face. I just hate all the photos with me on glasses.. you can’t even see my eyes!!
That’s until I went for an appointment to see if I was eligible for Lasik surgery last week. He told me that my cornea was quite thin! The layer on top of the eye…I wonder if this is from my overuse of contact lenses 😦 Apparently you should only use it for 8 hours maximum a day, but I know for sure I wear them for 12-14 hours a day… eek..
I was getting ready this morning …and it occurred to me, I feel like I spend a lot of effort when meeting people…
- The shower to be clean and have freshly washed hair.
- Blow drying hair and adding copious amount of leave in conditioner and also add moisturiser and lotion to face
- Taking a large amount of time to try decide what to wear…factors that need to be considered is the weather…what I am going to do…Do I need pockets today?! What shoes will I wear…
- Then it’s time to paint your face, smile, eye brows and lips on.
- Then it’s time to straighten out your hideous hair which can take a loaning time when its stubborn. Then style with hair gels.
- Then need to choose hand bag and other accessories…such as necklaces? Watch? Lipbalm in bag?
- Then revaluate everything and check if you need to change anything.
- Spray some deodorant or perfume!
3. Wears the first clothes that the see in the morning and they only have one pair of shoes to go out with.
It’s weird…when I see a guy has showered. I feel like that’s already a lot of effort…But then in comparison, doesn’t the girl make wayyyy more effort?
Why is life so unfair?
BUT then again, I guess there is slightly more expectations that a guy should look a certain way. Society seems to have an obsession with masculinity that I don’t really understand… Guys like to have big muscles and they especially love showing off them gym photos. Weird Flex to me! If they are small, they feel self-conscious of it and try to hide their insecurity by pretending they don’t care…
I guess society has different expectations of the gold standards for women and men…Women need to pretty, petite and sexy…and men need to be masculine, tall, and handsome.
Too bad real life isn’t always gold standard
❤ ❤ <# Click here Support me to write a book !! ❤ ❤ ❤