Living through my first Winter in Melbourne, I had to make some changes 🥶… especially since I came from Adelaide which is more often than not, hotter rather than cold.
1. Get a really thick and warm quilt cover or throw. You are gonna need it if you want to he able to sleep through the night in the cold!
2. Get an electric blanket to heat up your blankets 1-2 hours before sleeping! Get the ones that auto turn off, just incase you forget to switch it off. when I get in bed, its amazing! The bed is already warmed up for you! Really feels like a kotatsu if you know what that is!!!
3. Get a nice thermos to keep hot water near you at all times! Nothing warms you up like some hot water, why drink normal room temperature ever again?
4. Get loads and loads of super moisturising handcream!!! The freezing cold makes my hands even more dry and peel than ever…:(
5. Same goes with moisturising your whole hody especially after a shower… otherwise you’ll get itchy!
6. Invest in a small portable heating fan just for the shower to help you not die of hypothermia after getting out of the shower.
7. Make sure you have plenty of fluffy towels and spares! As your towels might dry in time before the next time you need them.
8. Have plenty of instant soups or teas available when you need to be warmed up.
This is just my list of things I do to keep warm during winter! Do you guys have your own?