Do all girls like big guns, tall strong men with big you know whats? I honestly don’t and therefore…does that make me abnormal?? I don’t know.
Why does society have ingrained in us that the guy is the ‘Protector of the small and weak girl’, saves the girl… lifts weights, and says and does all those romantic stuff. Men are usually seen as leaders, they are the ones who ask the girl out… propose marriage.
In my little mind, I imagine the man driving the car, paying for dinner, lifting those heavy boxes…call me old-fashioned, but that’s my thoughts on men. I would feel weird if the guy was skinnier or lighter than me…if they were shorter…I might even feel insecure if they were cuter or prettier than me…
Since when did we develop such preference for men to be a certain way?
I do think girls have it hard too, in that they need to look pretty, slim, and act in a certain way to attract guys…but often we forget, guys get teased for being small, short, and weak looking.
Then again I suck at cooking, cleaning, ironing, and those stereotypical tasks that women are usually depicted in doing. =s
I would be interested to hear your thoughts.
I was getting ready this morning …and it occurred to me, I feel like I spend a lot of effort when meeting people…
- The shower to be clean and have freshly washed hair.
- Blow drying hair and adding copious amount of leave in conditioner and also add moisturiser and lotion to face
- Taking a large amount of time to try decide what to wear…factors that need to be considered is the weather…what I am going to do…Do I need pockets today?! What shoes will I wear…
- Then it’s time to paint your face, smile, eye brows and lips on.
- Then it’s time to straighten out your hideous hair which can take a loaning time when its stubborn. Then style with hair gels.
- Then need to choose hand bag and other accessories…such as necklaces? Watch? Lipbalm in bag?
- Then revaluate everything and check if you need to change anything.
- Spray some deodorant or perfume!
3. Wears the first clothes that the see in the morning and they only have one pair of shoes to go out with.
It’s weird…when I see a guy has showered. I feel like that’s already a lot of effort…But then in comparison, doesn’t the girl make wayyyy more effort?
Why is life so unfair?
BUT then again, I guess there is slightly more expectations that a guy should look a certain way. Society seems to have an obsession with masculinity that I don’t really understand… Guys like to have big muscles and they especially love showing off them gym photos. Weird Flex to me! If they are small, they feel self-conscious of it and try to hide their insecurity by pretending they don’t care…
I guess society has different expectations of the gold standards for women and men…Women need to pretty, petite and sexy…and men need to be masculine, tall, and handsome.
Too bad real life isn’t always gold standard
❤ ❤ <# Click here Support me to write a book !! ❤ ❤ ❤