Living through my first Winter in Melbourne, I had to make some changes 🥶… especially since I came from Adelaide which is more often than not, hotter rather than cold.
1. Get a really thick and warm quilt cover or throw. You are gonna need it if you want to he able to sleep through the night in the cold!
2. Get an electric blanket to heat up your blankets 1-2 hours before sleeping! Get the ones that auto turn off, just incase you forget to switch it off. when I get in bed, its amazing! The bed is already warmed up for you! Really feels like a kotatsu if you know what that is!!!
3. Get a nice thermos to keep hot water near you at all times! Nothing warms you up like some hot water, why drink normal room temperature ever again?
4. Get loads and loads of super moisturising handcream!!! The freezing cold makes my hands even more dry and peel than ever…:(
5. Same goes with moisturising your whole hody especially after a shower… otherwise you’ll get itchy!
6. Invest in a small portable heating fan just for the shower to help you not die of hypothermia after getting out of the shower.
7. Make sure you have plenty of fluffy towels and spares! As your towels might dry in time before the next time you need them.
8. Have plenty of instant soups or teas available when you need to be warmed up.
This is just my list of things I do to keep warm during winter! Do you guys have your own?
Winter started off so wonderful, a new flame to provide warmth and shelter
Everything seemed bring and new
It was a first for everything and every moment was magical
But with every delicate flower that blossomed within that new budding love
…There was a risk for it to be crushed
It cannot withstand the howling wind, rain, and storms that it brought
With that the glimmer of warmth of winter was gone .. and once again…
The nights feel cold once again, and once again you realise you are truly, truly, all alone
Ever since I was little, I’ve been addicted to pumpkin soup and I am not even sure why. Might be the salt in it…for some reason I am addicted to salty foods! At work, my colleague and I have a soup each day, with the exception of one day last week in which our kettle stopped working and also took half the pharmacy’s electricity along with it.
I’ve always just loved pumkin soup and whenever it was on sale and when it wasn’t-( esp during the Covid-19 stockpiling saga) I would always have enough soup on hand in my locker at work and in the kitchen in my corner to last me for days. I’ve tried other flavours of soup, but nothing really tasted as good as I thought pumpkin soup tasted. I tried chicken noodle curry, mush room, ham and pea, I just didn’t like the artificial taste in these other flavours. That’s until one day I swapped a pumpkin for my colleague’s DUTCH CURRY. Now every time I have an instant pumkin soup, I am craving a Dutch Curry. I am not sure how to describe a Dutch curry and I’ve never tried the real thing, but it really hits the spot you know?! It’s a little spicy, but not too spicy..and it has rice and peas in it! Just enough to allow me to last till lunch time. It’s super cold in Adelaide these days… hot soup is the best!
Suddenly I am no longer buying my pumpkin soup, but Dutch Curry.
I have changed so much this year. What’s happening to me?!!?